- None necessary
- Lie face down on your mat in a prone position with your stomach resting on the ground.
- Lift your arms and feet off of the ground. Direct your eyes slightly forward and down to keep your neck straight and relaxed.
- Make exaggerated swimming motions alternating between lifting your left arm and right leg together with lifting your right arm and left leg together.
- Relax back to your starting position between sets.
Main Muscles Targeted:
- If you need to decrease the difficultly level, you can perform a Superman instead where you lift your arms and legs in unison and then relax back down to your starting position.
- When you lift off of the ground, keep your glutes clenched and your neck relaxed to help direct the effort to the desired muscles.
- Keep breathing!!
*Remember, it’s always advised to consult with your doctor or health care expert before adding a new exercise to your routine to make sure you don’t have any contraindications.