Today is Day 1 of my new project? goal? adventure? Not sure yet what I’m calling it, but today is the first day of 365 Days of Health and Wellness. Actually, I’m going to shorten that to 365-DHW from now on. If you are just tuning in, please check out my last post for more details on this little venture of mine. Oooo, venture. I like that. Oh, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to see my 365-DHW intro video (I’m not very good at Instastories, but will try my best) and extra pictures.
So what’s my goal with this? Do whatever I can each day to make myself more able, more confident, and ultimately happier. It’s tough to look in the mirror and see a different, unexpected version of yourself looking back. But I am only in control of so much. So whatever I can control, I will to the best of my abilities. Of course everything is easier said than done. Even this post is more difficult to write than I expected as my 8-month old little girl apparently thinks it’s hilarious to try to smash the keyboard with her feet. If you find any typos, it’s her fault. Ok, here we go…
Hair: 5 months post-chemo, short and dark
1. Eat more fruit and vegetables
2. Workout at the gym
3. Try a new product to try to salvage my very short, very fragile chemo nails that I find much more depressing than I should
1. So far I’ve eaten half an apple. That is not good. After I post this, I’m going downstairs to make a smoothie with banana, spinach, beet juice, and carrot juice. I’ll include a picture and recipe on Instagram if it turns out to be any good.
2. I made it to the gym prior to my dentist appointment and physical therapy appointment. I was so proud of myself. Only had 45 minutes, but made the most of them with 30 minutes on the treadmill, 15 of which were intervals (30 seconds fast, 30 seconds recovery). Then I managed to do hamstring curls, walking lunges, and sumo squats before I had to go. Not a full workout, but pretty good. Though writing this out has made it clear I must finish my leg workout after I post this while drinking my smoothie.
3. Nail product arrived from Amazon. I’ll start it today and report the results in two weeks when it’s supposed to be showing some effect.
See you tomorrow!